The need to protect personal data has been a major priority under UK governments for decades, specifically underlined by the adoption of the Data Protection Act 1998, the UK law that currently governs how data is looked after by both private and public organisations.
However, almost 20 years to the day after it was conceived, the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) is due to be replaced by current data protection laws in line with the rules set out in the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The following Omega download offers an overview of the GDPR, including new rights for individuals, new obligations for businesses and a 10-step action plan to consider in preparation for the GDPR.
Included in this guide:
- What is the GDPR and why is it needed?
- What are the new rights for individuals under the GDPR?
- What are the new obligations for organisations under the GDPR?
- How the GDPR will affect the recruitment process
- 10 key steps to preparing for the GDPR
- Key definitions and FAQ's
Once you've completed the form, you will receive an email with the guide attached!